Veterinary Nurse Assistant
- Contract: 6 – 12 months, opportunity to renew
- Hours: 43 hours per week, working Saturday – Wednesday (Thursday & Friday off)
- Monthly Salary: $200-300 after tax (based on experience and qualifications; increase after probation period)
- Location: BKK1, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Date posted: 4 April 2023
Clinic Opening Hours:
- Monday – Saturday: 9am – 7pm
- Sunday: 9am – 5pm
We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and committed veterinary nurse assistant who practices and performs to a high standard of care in small animal medicine and surgery. Additionally, you will have:
- 2+ years of previous experience as a qualified nurse (preferred) – However more recent graduates are also encouraged to apply subject to experience and qualifications. (Please specify in your cover letter or resume) This position is perfect for a recent graduate or a DVM student.
- Sound emotional maturity and animal welfare ethics.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Fluent in both Khmer and English. These are the predominant language spoken in the clinic, but the ability to speak another language is advantageous, particularly Mandarin as we get many Chinese clients.
Veterinary Assistant duties:
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon with medical treatments and restraint of animals
- Care for in-patients, including feeding, cleaning, walking of hospitalised animals
- Communicating with Khmer-speaking clients and translating to the non-Khmer staff members
- Monitoring anaesthetized patients during surgery and recovery
- Preparing medication dispensed by the veterinarian, and maintaining a clean and organized pharmacy room
- Supervised use of the new in-house blood testing machines, ultrasound, x-ray and rapid tests
- Support other staff in their duties, if additional assistance is needed (Occasionally reception duties, stock take or additional cleaning)
What we offer you:
- Paid holiday, sick leave and maternity leave following Cambodian employment law
- Overtime is recorded by the minute
- Internal support where needed from the other VSL team members (special interests in areas such as orthopaedics, dermatology, soft tissue surgery, tropical disease, animal behaviour and pet import/export requirements)
- Regular seminars and talks about a variety of veterinary-specific subjects that you are welcome to join, often hosted by international vets
- Quarterly performance reviews, and the opportunity for promotion, bonuses and salary increases annually
- A friendly and international team, a fun working environment, monthly staff parties paid for by the employer
If you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm to be successful in this role, please send applications or inquiries to email@example.com (or drop off the documents in person at the Clinic) ensuring you include the following:
- A cover letter in Word or PDF format
- A current resume in Word or PDF format
The successful applicant will be required to complete satisfactory background screening checks and provide references.
VSL is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.